Cotton & Wool Embellished Sampler
This wall quilt project will expand your hand embroidery skills from basic stitches and beyond!
This is also a wool appliqué course! Participants will learn new embroidery stitches while embellishing wool hexagons, stems, leaves; use of various threads, needles; and attaching beads, buttons, ric rac.
Before class it is necessary to prepare at least 5 blocks using the “May 26th Quilt” pattern designed by Olive Grace. Please use cotton fabrics for your blocks. If you need any help or questions on the pre-work for this class just stop in and talk to Ann.
This class has a 4-student minimum class size.
- May 26th Quilt pattern by Olive Grace Studio
- Embroidery Stitch book: Creative Stitches by Sue Spargo
- Fabric to piece at least 4 or 5 background blocks (sewn at home)
- Hand embroidery needles (assortment size 5-10)
- Milliner needle…..size 1
- Wool pieces for hexagon flowers, stems, leaves (5” squares are good)
- Threads: 6 strand floss (DMC or other) and/or perle cottons size 8 or 12 in colors to match or compliment your wool flowers, etc.
- Roxanne’s glue baste it, small bottle
- Scissors to cut wool; small embroidery scissors and scissors to cut paper
- Pins (small appliqué pins are fine); Pin cushion
There could be more sit n’ stitch opportunities to learn more advanced stitches, knowing that the first class will obviously only get a few blocks completed. You will leave class with all the basic skills for successful wool appliqué techniques.
If you have any questions about this class or the pre-work required, please contact the instructor, Norma Mossburg at firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday, September 22 from 10am to 3pm
$30 per person plus supplies
Skill Level: Intermediate
Class Instructor: Norma Mossburg