Yarn Tasting (October '17)
What is a yarn tasting? Think wine tasting...but instead of wine, you'll be sampling different yarns (oh, but there will be wine, too!).
Your evening will include samples of at least eight different yarns, refreshments, door prizes, activities, big sales on yarn, and most importantly - FUN! Going forward, our yarn tastings will be held annually in October, so this will be your last chance to attend until October 2018!
Cascade Yarns will be sponsoring this year's tasting and has a wonderful event planned - including door prizes for EVERY attendee and mystery prizes!
All of our wonderful sample yarns this year will be from Cascade Yarns. Currently on the sample menu:
- Luminosa - a luxury alpaca yarn, perfect for elegant accessories.
- Spuntaneous Worsted - a single-plied yarn with a buttery-soft feel, it's design and texture will have you thinking comfort.
- Eco+ Peruvian Tones - Soft and wearable, this wool lends itself to either garments or felting.
- 220 Superwash - A superwash merino wool perfect for all ages, available in a wide array of colors.
- PLUS - 4 preview yarns, not yet available in the shop! You'll help us decide whether or not we should carry these yarns, and you'll be able to pre-order colors of the lucky yarns that get picked BEFORE YOU LEAVE!
To add to the fun, we'll also have all yarns, needles, hooks and accessories 15% off THAT DAY ONLY, as well as 30% off needle and hook sets and 50% off all knitting and crochet books.
Food, wine, and refreshments will be served at the beginning of the evening, and sample yarns will be placed at every table. But, the best part of going to a yarn tasting at Ann's is getting to visit with friends new and old as you mingle with 35 other yarn lovers.
You'll snack, chat, and swatch. What a great way to spend an evening!
Pre-registration is required as space is strictly limited to 35 participants. Bring your needles/hooks and a friend!
Thursday, October 26, 2017 • 6pm-8pm
$10 entrance fee